> Activities > Romanesque
There are more than 50 monuments listed. Because of its isolation and lack of conflicts in the history of Andorra, over time has respected the buildings and only in rare cases are crumbling churches or temples.
Andorran Romanesque architecture is characterized by the use of stone and slate buildings are treated mostly churches of small dimensions. Romanesque churches in the country are, quite often, medieval wall paintings and polychrome wood carvings depicting Virgin and Christ.
The main Romanesque works are:
- San Clemente Pal (La Massana)
- San Martin de la Cortinada (Ordino)
- San Miguel Engolasters (Escaldes-Engordany)
- San Roman de Les Bons (Encamp)
- St. Sernin of Nagol (San Julian de Loria)
- Santa Coloma (Andorra la Vella)
- Bridge Margineda (Andorra la Vella)
- Bridge of Sant Antoni de la Grella (La Massana)
- Bridge of Scald
- Escalls Bridge (Les Escaldes)
- Our Lady of Meritxell
- Sanctuary Canòlic